The Winnetka Park District is carefully monitoring developments of COVID-19 (coronavirus). While the current risk to Illinois residents remains low, we’re taking steps to prepare and are working closely with the Village of Winnetka, the library, and school districts in planning, response and communication.
What you can do
- Wash hands often especially before eating and after sneezing, coughing, or contact with public surfaces.
- Wash with soap or alcohol-based hand cleaners for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
What we are doing
- As a matter of standard practice, staff disinfect bathrooms/locker rooms, and clean the public areas of our facilities, shared equipment (skates, racquets, etc.), and frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Additional disinfecting is being done by staff throughout the day and overnight using effective and safe products.
- Hand sanitizer has been placed in all lobby areas for public use at our facilities.
- CDC Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Illinois Department of Health (IDPH)
- Cook County Health Department Coronavirus Information