A.C. Nielsen Tennis Center
530 Hibbard Road, Winnetka, IL 60093
P: (847) 501-2065 ext 0
F: (847) 501-3057
Monday – Sunday: 6:30am – 10pm
Friday through Sunday closing hours may vary based on demand.
Summer 2023 Court Hours
Open play is available outdoors (weather permitting) from 12 – 5pm Monday through Friday until August 5, 2023.
Outdoor Tennis Court 6 utilizes two pickleball courts. Court 1 (north court) and Court 2 (south court) are open courts intended for all skill levels that want to experience the game.
Court 1 (north court) will be designated for experienced players. Court 2 (south court) will be designated for beginner players. If there are no new beginners, Court 2 will be open to all skill levels.
Open Play Rules
- Four people on a court if there are enough players
- Games are to be played to 11 points
- Follow the pickleball rules and guidelines stated in USAPA rulebooks and/or website
If all courts are in use and you are waiting your turn:
- Lay your paddle on the paddle chair/table and stack up to four paddles at a time. The next open court is for the next four paddles in line.
- You can place your paddle on any stack as long as there are not four paddles on that stack.
- Do not move anyone’s paddle but your own.
- Stacks on the right will play next.
- When you come off the court, you may place your paddle with the same people you played with and make your own stack or add to a different stack that is not already filled with four paddles.
- If a stack has three paddles, you may go ahead and add yours regardless of how long you have been waiting.
- If a court is available and the next stack only has three paddles, you can do two things: 1) Someone can volunteer to play in that game; 2) The paddle on the bottom of the next stack will be used so the next group can go out.
- Balls are available for purchase
- Limited pickleball racquets may be rented at the A.C. Nielsen Service Desk for $3
- Court shoes must be worn