Registration opens for residents and non-residents Monday, November 14. Our pickleball open gym is a free, drop-in program, but please register with the code below to receive emails regarding updates, cancellations, and more information about the program.
LOCATION: Skokie School
NO OPEN GYM: 11/24, 12/22, 12/29
Pickleball is the fastest-growing sport in America. Join us as we venture into the sport of pickleball. We will be hosting “open gym” pickleball sessions where the paddle rack system will be used to manage court usage.
Court space will be managed on a first-come-first-served basis. Net(s) and court lines will be supplied by the Park District. All players should bring a racket and pickleball ball(s).
Our pickleball open gym is a free, drop-in program, but please register with the code below to receive emails regarding updates, cancellations, and more information about the program.
Paddle Rack System
IF ALL COURTS ARE IN USE AND YOU’RE WAITING YOUR TURN:
- Lay your paddle on the paddle chair/table and stack up to four paddles at a time. The next open court is for the next four paddles in line.
- You can place your paddle on any stack as long as there are not four paddles on that stack.
- Do not move anyone’s paddle but your own.
- Stacks on the right will play next.
- When you come off the court, you may place your paddle with the same people you played with and make your own stack or add to a different stack that is not already filled with four paddles.
- If a stack has three paddles, you may go ahead and add yours regardless of how long you have been waiting.
- If a court is available and the next stack only has three paddles, you can do two things: 1) Someone can volunteer to play in that game; 2) The paddle on the bottom of the next stack will be used so the next group can go out.