Softball, basketball, football, instructional programs or leagues, the Winnetka Park District offers sports opportunities for every age.
The following league sports and instructional programs are operated by the park district (By the WPD or Vendors) throughout the year:
- House League – Girls Grades 3rd-6th and Boys Grades 4th-6th – Instructed by the Park District – Starts November and ends in February
- Travel League – Boys and Girls grades 4th-6th – Instructed by the Park District – Starts Mid October and ends in February
- Camps – Boys and Girls ages 7-14 – Instructed by Game Face Chicago – Camps offered different seasons
Flag Football and Camps
- Fun with Flag – Boys and Girls grades K-1st – Instructed by Sportskids – Offered in the Summer and Fall
- Flag Football – Boys and Girls grades 2nd-3rd – Instructed by Sportskids – Offered in the Fall
- Football Camp – Boys ages 6-14 years old – Instructed by Pro Sports Experience (Affiliated with the Chicago Bears) – Offered in the Summer
- Training Camp – Boys and Girls ages 7-14 years old – Instructed by Illinois Bone and Joint (IBJI)– Offered in the Summer
- Women’s 12 Inch – Women 18+ – Instructed by the Park District – Starts Mid May and goes to August
- Men’s Modified 12 Inch – Men 18+ – Instructed by the Park District – Starts Mid May and goes to Mid August
- Men’s 16 Inch – Men 18+ – Instructed by the Park District – Starts Mid May and goes to Mid August
- Girls House League Softball – Girls grades 3rd-9th – Instructed by the Park District – Starts in April and goes to the end of May
- Girls Instructional Softball – Girls grades K-2nd – Instructed by Game Face Chicago – Starts and ends in May
- T-Ball – Boys and Girls ages 3-7 years old – Instructed by Illinois Baseball Academy (IBA)– Offered in the Spring and Fall
- Baseball Camps – Boys ages vary between 3-14 years old – Instructed by IBA, White Sox – Offered in the Summer
- Lacrosse – Instructed by Team One – Please visit their website at https://t1lax.com/ for more details
- Cheerleading – Girls Grades 4th-8th – Instructed by Chicago Loves Dance (CLD) – Offered in the Fall
- Mini Cheer – Girls Grades 1st-3rd – Instructed by CLD – Offered in the Fall
- Boys Breakdance – Boys Grades 1st-6th – Instructed by CLD – Offered year round
- Girls Hip Hop – Girls Grades 1st-8th – Instructed by CLD – Offered year round
- Youth Yoga – Girls ages 6-10 years old – Instructed by CLD – Offered year round
- Teen Yoga – Girls ages 11-14 years old – Instructed by CLD – Offered year round
- Mother/Daughter Yoga Girls ages 5-9 with Adult – Instructed by CLD – Offered year round
- Boys and Girls ages 7-12 years old – Instructed by Sportskids – Offered Spring, Summer and Fall
- Mini Soccer – Boys and Girls ages 4-6 years old – Instructed by Sportskids – Offered select seasons
- Sports Encounters – Boys and Girls ages 3-5 years old – Instructed by Sportskids – Offered select seasons
- Track and Field – Boys and Girls ages 6-10 years old – Instructed by Sportskids – Offered select seasons
- Youth Rugby – Boys 5-14 years old – Instructed by North Shore Rugby Academy – Offered Spring, Summer and Fall
In addition to Winnetka Park District operated adult and youth sports programs, we also work closely with a number of independent organizations to offer as wide a range of team sports as possible to our community. These include:
- Baseball – Kenilworth/Winnetka Baseball Association – http://kwba.org/
- Soccer – America Youth Soccer Organization – http://www.playsoccer.org/
- Football – Jr. Trevians Football – http://www.jrtrevians.com/home.php
- Girls Instructional Volleyball – Girls grades 4th-7th – Instructed by the Park District – Offered in the Fall, Winter, and Spring Seasons
- Girls House League Volleyball – Girls grades 5th-7th – Instructed by the Park District – Instructed by the Park District – Offered in the Spring Season
Chicago Loves Dance was founded to provide a fun experience to children throughout Chicago and its surrounding suburbs! With more than 15 years of technical dance experience, Cindy Leske has been one of the top requested instructors at several dance studios. She has danced at the prestigious Carnegie Hall in New York City and has earned many awards for her original choreography and dance skills. While her technical talent is superb, Cindy also has a dynamic personality which makes her a hit with children of all ages! Her ability to captivate and keep the attention of all kids does not go unnoticed
Chris Beacom is the founder and President of Illinois Baseball Academy (IBA). A native of Winnetka, he currently lives in Wilmette with his wife and three children. His passion for baseball and child development led him to create IBA in 2005. This business was built from the ground up – starting in a church gym. Now IBA serves more than 2,000 children, ages 4 – 18, each year. Recently, Chris helped to develop two indoor baseball facilities (The Yard in Northfield, and The Dome in Rosemont).
Chris’ vision for IBA is “to grow the game of baseball and develop the leaders of tomorrow . . . to re-pay those who have gone before us by teaching proper fundamentals and instilling core values in the players of today.” His philosophy is to work hand in hand with community associations and park districts and to fully support community-based baseball programming.
Ken Fontana, Manager. Ken has managed SportsKids for more than 20 years—providing youth sports programming to the north and northwest suburbs. Ken attended Iowa State University majoring in physical education. He has been sought after as a public speaker on the topic of youth sports and has designed, coached and supervised many sports programs; served as an associate scout in baseball; researched youth sports and conducted numerous training programs for teachers.
For the young athletes, we introduce the game, build confidence and take them to the next level. We are dedicated to the science of skill development. We are passionate about making it fun. While kids learn to run, throw, catch and compete like an NFL player, even more they learn essential life skills that remain with them forever.
For 20 years the Chicago White Sox have brought quality baseball instruction to children throughout Chicagoland! If you want to be the best, you’ve got to train with the best! Since 1994, more than 50,000 youth baseball players have attended one of our White Sox summer camps to focus on essential individual baseball skills. Professional coaches from the White Sox organization have programs designed for kids from 5 – 12 at every ability level.
Health Performance Institute (HPI) by Illinois Bone & Joint Institute is redefining the way you experience orthopedic rehabilitation, sports performance, and complementary programs that will help you reach your health, wellness, and performance goals.