Bell Woods Park
1380 Tower Road, Winnetka, IL 60093
South of Tower Road, West of Bell Lane
2.57 acres (Neighborhood Park)
- Acquired: 1971. Gift of Laird Bell family
Bell Woods has been developed as a natural outdoor classroom, complete with interpretive signage and log benches repurposed from fallen trees. The northern two-thirds of the site is heavily wooded with native understory plants and perennials. A prairie, of the type that once flourished in this area, has been established in the south side of the park. Woodchip and grass pathways provide access through the site.