1380 Tower Road, Winnetka, IL 60093
South of Tower Road west of Bell Lane
2.57 acres (Neighborhood Park)
- 1971 Gift of Laird Bell family
Bell Woods has been developed as a natural outdoor classroom. The northern two-thirds of the site has been left wooded with native understory plants, including perennials, reintroduced. A wood-chip path winds through the trees. A wood fence controls access along Tower Road. In the more open south third of the site, a prairie has been established. Prescribed fire burns have been done on the site to control undesirable vegetation and help establish native materials.