Northfield Park Renovation Begins The Week of October 15, 2012
On September 27, 2012 the Winnetka Park District Board of Commissioners authorized the following improvements at Northfield Park:
- Clean, repair, and paint existing equipment
- New apparatus (spiral slide, track ride, net climbers, playhouse with roof, manipulative and musical play panels, spinners, play tables, step pods, relocated bouncer)
- New play structure decks
- Wood fiber play surfacing to replace sand in large play pit
- New wear surface on existing poured-in-place play surfacing
- New sandpit with relocated digger and seat walls adjacent to grassy hill
- Repairs and extension of concrete sidewalk to East Frontage Road parking pad
- New light pole
- Bench repairs
- Drainage improvements
This work will begin the week of October 15. Project updates will be posted at Northfield Park and on the District’s website at www.winpark.org under the capital projects tab. As you may recall, this action is based on neighborhood input through several meetings conducted this past spring and summer.
Future consideration will be given to a shelter and patio with additional benches south of the playground as well as a basketball half court located just east of the East Frontage Road parking area during 2013 or as financing becomes available.
If you have any questions about this project please contact Robert Smith at (847) 501-2052 or email him at email@example.com.