FAQ’s – Lloyd Boat Launch
2016 Boating Season
Lloyd Boat Launch is closed for the season. Thank you for a wonderful summer and see you next year!
HOURS OF OPERATION
Facility is staffed 8:00 am – Dusk (during season)
Gates are open 6:00 am – 10:00 pm
May 27 – August 21
& August 27-28
Dates are subject to change.
- The Boat Launch facility is located at 799 Sheridan Road, at Sheridan Road and Lloyd Place, approximately one block south of Tower Road.
- The facility is staffed from 8:00 a.m. – dusk.
- The boat launch can accommodate boats up to 24′. No boats over 28′ will be allowed to launch.
- You can pay a daily fee to launch a boat at the facility, cash and personal checks are accepted.
- Personal watercrafts are launched by season pass only. No PWC will be launched on a daily fee.
- Patrons may launch their boat during non-staffed times, but shall do so at their own risk.
- Please uncover and prepare your boat for launching in the upper lot, especially on busy days.
- For the 2016 boating season the Winnetka Park District has partnered with Windward Board Shop to provide Paddle Board Rentals on Saturdays and Sundays. Please click her for more information.
- Starting May 1st gates to the boat launch facility are open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Gates are locked at 10:00 p.m. Any boats staying out past 10:00 p.m. and/or overnight must obtain an overnight parking pass from the attendant on duty.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to exit the facility by 10:00 p.m. If circumstances prevent you from doing so, and the gates are locked, the Winnetka Police Department may be contacted at (847) 501-6034 to unlock the gates. They will respond only if time and other duties allow.
- Parking is only allowed for patrons of the boat launch/ boat racks and their guests. Season pass holders will be issued a parking pass which shall be displayed on the driver’s side windshield.
- Parking will be enforced on weekends and holidays May- September from 11:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- When parking in the upper parking lot, trailers and tow vehicles should only park on the south side of the upper lot. Vehicles must back in. No parallel parking. Failure to do this may result in a parking ticket from the Winnetka Police Department.
- Please do not block other vehicles in. Blocking other vehicles in may result in a parking ticket from the Winnetka Police Department.
2016 Daily Fees are as follows (pier launching):
- Vehicles without a Winnetka sticker will be asked for proof of residency.
- PWC passes may sell out. Once they are sold out, additional passes will not be issued. A waitlist for a lottery will be formed each year for available passes.
- Personal watercraft season passes must be purchased in person at the Winnetka Park District office. Registration of the PWC and a driver’s license is required to purchase a pass.
- Swimming is not allowed off of Lloyd beach.
- Dogs are not allowed at Lloyd Beach.
- Parking. The lot may fill up on busy days like the Air and Water show weekend. Parking is available on a first come-first served basis. Once lot parking is full, overflow parking will be put on residential streets around Lloyd Beach. Parking signs for the residential areas should be followed.
Lloyd Beach Parking Regulations
Parking at Lloyd Beach is available to those who purchase a daily fee or who have purchased a season pass and display a Lloyd Boat Launch Parking Decal. If a daily fee is purchased their launch receipt must be present on the dash of the vehicle. If a Lloyd Beach Parking Pass or Daily Launch Receipt is not present they will be ticketed and fined $50 from the Winnetka Police Department.
When Residents or Non Resident Families purchase a Pier Launch, Beach Launch, PWC Launch, or Rack/Beach Storage Season Pass they will receive two (2) Lloyd Beach Parking Stickers. Non Resident and Resident Pass Holders can purchase a third or replacement parking pass for $5.00. The maximum number of Parking Decals a season pass family can receive in one (1) year is three (3). After they have received a total amount of three (3) Parking Decals they will not be able to receive/be issued any additional Parking Decals.
Weekend and Holiday Visitor/Guest Parking
If a Season Pass holder invites a guest on their boat/vessel over the weekend, the guest will be charged a Parking Fee at the time of entrance. Fees for Weekend and Holiday Parking are $5.00 for Residents and $10.00 for Non Residents.
Weekend and Holiday Daily Fee Parking
At the time of purchase daily fee launches will receive one (1) daily parking receipt for Lloyd Beach. If there are additional vehicles a parking fee will be issued. Fees for Weekend and Holiday Parking are $5.00 for Residents and $10.00 for Non Residents