Boating General Information
Boating at Lloyd Park
Winnetka Boating and Sailing Center
Welcome to the Boating and Sailing Center at Lloyd Park. The Winnetka Park District's sailing programs, including Jr. Sailing and Parent/Child Sailing, will be conducted at the beach house and operated off of Lloyd Beach.
The boat house provides a classroom and bathroom facilities for all patrons. Lloyd Park offers storage racks for small boats as well as a staffed launching area for personal watercrafts, motorboats, and larger sailboats. For more information on the sailing programs or boat launch, please contact John Shea at (847) 501- 2040.
Please Note: Applicants must provide a copy of his/her boat's registration to remain on file at the Park District office. In addition, resident applicants must provide proof of residency or full-time employment within the Park District boundaries.
2013 Boating Season
May 25-August 18: Weekdays & Weekends
August 24-September 2: Weekends Only
Facility Is Staffed
8:00 am-Dusk (during season)
Gates Are Open 6:00 am-10:00 pm
Lloyd Beach Rules
For the safety of all patrons, Lloyd Beach is for boating and sailing only. All patrons are asked to observe the following rules/guidelines:
- Lloyd Beach is staffed one week prior to Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Staff hours are 8:00am till Dusk.
- PWC launching hours are 9:00am till Dusk.
- A season pass is required to launch a PWC. No daily passes will be issued.
- Holidays rates will include Memorial Day Weekend, July 3rd and 4th, and Labor Day Weekend.
- Boats must be attended by owner/passenger at all times when in the launch. Staff members are not responsible for watching boats. The Winnetka Park District is not responsible for any damages.
• Boats are required to have boat fenders present on the port or starboard side when launching and docking.
• Boats are required to have 2 boat lines when launching and docking.
- When returning to the launch, existing boats have the right away.
- Lloyd Beach is a boating beach only. No SWIMMING!
- All paddle boarders are required to utilize a safety leash. Children under the age of 13 are required to wear a life jacket when using a paddle board.
- No boogie boards and inflatable floatation devices allowed.
- No dogs are permitted on Lloyd Beach at any time. Village ordinance #504 will be enforced.
- NO WAKE ZONE as identified by buoys will be enforced.
- Pass holders on the beach are limited to be accompanied by immediate family and up to 4 guests.
- Patrons on the beach must be accompanied by a season pass holder or a rack pass holder.
- No fires, including grills, are allowed on the beach.
- Glass containers are not allowed on the beach.
- No alcohol is allowed on the beach.
- North end of Lloyd Beach is used for non-motorized vessels only. Anchor and switching passengers are only allowed in front of beach house and the south end.
Vessel Safety Checks (VSC)
The Winnetka Park District is pleased to be partnering with the US Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 03-06 to provide complimentary Vessel Safety Checks at Lloyd beach! Examiners will be on site at a variety of times throughout the season as well. The Vessel Safety Check is a complimentary check of your boat conducted by members of the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, confirming that it meets both federal and state requirements for safety. No citations are issued and the results of the safety check are not reported to any enforcement agency, but a decal is awarded to display if the vessel has passed the examination.
An example of some of the items checked include:
- Personal Flotation Devices (life jackets)
- Registration and numbering
- Navigation lights
- Fire extinguishers
- Distress signals (flares, horn, etc.)
- Battery cover and connections
All of these items are currently required by state and federal laws and, if missing or non-operating, can result in a citation if your vessel is inspected by the Coast Guard. The Vessel Safety Check gives you a risk-free way to check that you meet the legal minimums and to potentially avoid a citation later.