Centennial Dog Beach
Located South of Elder on Sheridan Road
- Dog beach, membership required
- Swimming prohibited
- Off-street parking
2016-17 Dog Beach Pass
The Winnetka Park District operates an off-leash dog beach at Centennial Park. Anyone wishing to bring his/her dog to the dog beach must have a valid pass. Passes may be purchased at the Administrative Offices, 540 Hibbard Rd. Passes are valid through March 31, 2017.
Please remember that Centennial Park is not part of the dog beach.
All dogs must be leashed within Centennial Park limits. Violators of the village leash law are subject to a fine or may have their dog pass revoked.
Passes are now on sale.
Dog Pass Registration Procedures
In July 2005, Cook County passed an ordinance requiring all communities that operate dog parks to have each dog owner show written proof of:
- Current vaccinations or titers for distemper, hepatitis, para-influenza, parvovirus, bordetella, leptospirosis, and rabies
- The dog’s current village tag number is also required
The dog pass membership form is available at the Park District office. You must fill it out and have it signed by a licensed veterinarian before we can issue you a pass. If you have any questions pertaining to these Cook County rules, you may contact Donna Alexander, VMD at her Cook County office at (708) 974-6147.
2016-17 Dog Pass Fees
$15/additional dog in family
|Non-Resident:||$180 ($70 pass & $100 mandatory parking pass)
Centennial Park & Dog Beach Rules and Regulations
- Dogs must be leashed at all times while in the park.
- Dogs may be released from their leash only when they enter the fenced-in area leading to the beach.
- Only current pass holders and their dogs may enter the fenced-in area leading to the beach.
- There is a limit of two dogs per person at the beach at a time.
- Patrons must pick up all waste from their dogs in the park and beach.
- No glass containers are allowed in the park or beach.
- Swimming, sun bathing and picnicking are prohibited on the beach.
- Patrons must stay within the fenced area at all times.
- Food of any kind is prohibited in the beach area.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No dog known to be aggressive toward other dogs or people may enter the area.